Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Hihache


image courtesy of funky 16 corners
Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Hihache

I was talking to my friend Mike over email one day and he brought up Hihache in passing and I didn't know what he was talking about. He was kind enough to send it my way with permission to share. Of course I had in fact heard this before, but didn't know the track title or artist. The Lafayette Afro Rock Band came out of Roosevelt Long Island in 1970, but moved to Paris where they felt they'd better stand out and found their niche in the Barbès district where americans tended to hang out. They put out Soul Makossa in 1974 after changing guitarists. This was one of the stand out tracks on that album, that's been sampled many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment