Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oluko Imo ft Fela and Femi Anikulapo Kuti - Were Oju Le (Eyes Are Getting Red)

Yes, it's been a while, but I recently got a few great tracks from a friend which I intend to post in the near future. Here's one of them: Oluko Imu's 1988 release on Arigidi Records. Aside from being a great example of where afrobeat was going just after its heyday and just before the house community's discovery, it is also one of the few - if only - records to include both Fela and Femi.

Oluko Imo ft Fela and Femi Anikulapo Kuti - Were Oju Le

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this blog.My name is PrincessPatmuko.A musician/Singer based in NY.I have been trying to get in touch with family n friends of Oluko imo.Because there is something important i will like to address,but dont want to post to d public I understand he is late.Im sending a heartfelt condolence.He will continue to b in our hearts.I am on Facebook/ twitter as pat muko.Howevr im using my fone nw.I will get bc to u later.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete